Monday, March 14, 2011

Hear You Me

Well, I only had one breakdown at work today. Just a few seconds before that I discovered another song that makes me cry: "Hear You Me" by Jimmy Eat World. You should definitely listen to it if you've never heard it before. It's a beautiful song about two women who died in a car accident. Here's a youtube link with the song and lyrics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQo9OQlIB8

Work, otherwise, was ok today. I admittedly didn't do much, but I'll get back into the swing of things soon enough. I discussed with my boss (the president) and the COO my plans for the future - I'll start traveling again in April but if I get pregnant again then I'm stopping. I just don't want all of that stress in my life when I'm trying to grow a baby.

As stressful and annoying as my job can be, I do love it, mainly because of my boss. He is so caring and accommodating and as long as you're doing what you're supposed to be doing you can basically wear what you want, work when you want, and you get a bonus at the end of the year. He is also mindful of holidays and making sure we can spend time with our families, so he'll usually give us a an extra day off around a holiday - like the Friday before Memorial Day.  Another nice thing about where I work is that we are pretty laid back and always have beer in the fridge. Keith likes to recall a day where we were having a mini emergency at work - my boss had to run to Costco because we were out of coffee and scotch. Ha! Anyway, since we have a great appreciation for all things alcoholic, my boss gives us time off on St. Patty's day - work till noon on the 17th then go back to work at noon the next day, that way we have time to celebrate, get over our hangovers, and still get some work done.  I have a doctor's appointment that day at 10am, but perhaps I'll go hang out with my coworkers at the bar afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment